Propane Gas Water Heaters
Direct Propane Services recommends an LP Gas water heater because the waters heaters that are available today have made many advances in the design and technology.
LP Gas water heaters are available in standard and tankless.
The standard water heater has the capacity ranging from 40 gallons to 100 gallons.
The tankless water heaters are on demand water heaters that take up little space and will decrease your fuel consumption and emissions.
Facts about Propane Water Heaters
· Propane gives you more hot water at a more affordable price. That’s why millions of American homes use propane to heat water for their showers, washing machines, and dishwashers.
· Propane water heaters are up to 30 percent less expensive to operate than electric heaters (American Water Heater Company).
· Propane gas water heaters have a recovery rate nearly twice as fast as electric water heaters (American Water Heater Company).
· Over an average unit's life span (approx. 10 years), propane gas water heaters can save a five-member household more than $2,300 when compared with a similarly sized electric unit.
Propane Water Heaters Beat Electric Models
· Smaller storage space requirements
· More accurate temperature adjustment
· Wider selection of sizes, installation, and venting options
· More durable components and longer-lasting heating elements
· Tankless Water Heaters
· Tankless Propane Water Heaters Heat on Demand.
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless Propane Water Heaters Heat on Demand
· Homeowners spend 10 - 20% of their annual water heating costs just to keep hot water in their storage tanks. Propane-powered tankless water heaters heat water only when it is needed, thereby reducing annual energy demand for hot water.
· Water is heated instantly, as needed
· Limitless installation options
· Can be used to heat main showers/sinks or to provide extra hot water for large or distant loads (i.e., greenhouse)
How Tankless Saves Money
· Tankless water heaters reduce standby energy loss, saving consumers an average of 15-20% over a standard storage water heater.
· Most tankless water heaters provide 2 to 3 gallons per minute of hot water.
· Because tankless models are less subject to corrosion, the expected life span of a tankless water heater is 20 years, twice as long as most storage water heaters.